Friday, March 23, 2007

Kodak EasyShare Printers Vista and Mac Compatible

I saw a demonstration of the Kodak EasyShare 5300 All-in-One Printer yesterday and, let me tell you, it is sweet! For a home or small business printer it is hard to beat $199.99 to get 32 ppm (pages per minute) for black and 22 for color prints. But that isn't all.

The printer has a built in tray for 4 X 6 inch prints, a high-definition scanner which can, of course, be used as a copier. For the super-geeks, the Kodak EasyShare 5300 is also BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology-enabled. With memory card slots and a 3-inch color LCD display for editing/cropping digital images at the printer you're almost there.

That isn't all. The price for ink cartridges is unbeatable. The color ink cartridge is only $14.99, black ink cartridge $9.99 or a package deal of $21.99 for both black and color ink cartridges!

I can only speculate that Kodak is not leveraging the fact that the EasyShare printers are compatible across all operating system platforms because the printers are flying off the shelves faster than they can be made. That is right -- ALL platforms, including the Mac and Windows Vista.

But, I am not finished yet. Behind the fast printing, flexibile, multi-function printers is something else -- something that I am extremely proud of -- Kodak technology created by Kodak people. There are not nearly as many of *us* left as in years past, but just look at what *we* are doing to provide an economical means for preserving your every Kodak Moment!

If you think I may be biased (and I am), take a look at this testimonial at epinons by someone with no connection to Kodak, This is a must buy let me explain.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For a home or small business printer it is hard to beat $199.99 to get 32 ppm (pages per minute) for black and 22 for color prints."
Well, that's great if your running a PC. On Mac 10.4 the data transfer from Mac to 5300 printer is so slow you don't even get 1 page per minute. Kodak claims they are working (alpha) on new drivers to speed up the process on Mac 10.4.
I shouldn't complain too much... I had a few other problems with the printer & did not get what I wanted from tech support, so I contacted Kodak locally in San Diego. They sent up a software tech with a new printer & a $200 gift card to Best Buy. Kodak is great!

Anonymous said...

My 5300 works perfectly with my Vista/32 computer, but WILL NOT work with my 64-bit Vista computer. Kodak has not yet released a driver to support Vista/64!!!

Corrine said...

According to the EASYSHARE 5300 All-in-One Printer Specifications, ALL versions of Windows Vista are supported with no indication that it is restricted to 32 BIT.

Have you contacted Support? Kodak Store Live Help