Monday, March 19, 2007

VistaRewired Bookmarked

Edit Note: When I originally drafted this post, I debated whether I wanted to include a link with instructions on how to disable Vista UAC. At the time I decided to go ahead. After reading George Ou's comment today, I have to admit that I agree with him and have removed that link.

"If Vista UAC really bothers you that much, you can turn Vista UAC off and simply accept the risk of running with full administrative privileges. I’m not going to link to any tutorials on disabling UAC because anyone who can’t figure out how to turn off UAC probably shouldn’t be turning it off in the first place. I’m sorry if that sounds blunt; but I don’t want to give any advice that endangers anyone’s PC."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was catching up the postings at Windows Vista Magazine which led me to a nice tutorial on how to Disable unnecessary services the quick and easy way at VistaRewired.

There is a lot more at
VistaRewired, which is why the site has been bookmarked in Reviews and Collections. The individual tutorials are linked below. Perhaps when time allows (!), I will break those links down further into suitable bookmark pages. In the meantime, there is a lot of information at VistaRewired:



No comments: