The list below is from ITP Technology, via Flying Hampster. If you are noticing wrist pain, see your medical professional and try using a keyboard shortcut for some of those repetitive mouse actions.
The Control key
The Alt key
- Ctrl + Click the link - Open links in a new tab in the background
- Ctrl + Shift + Click the link - Open links in a new tab in the foreground
- Ctrl + T - Open a new tab in the foreground
- Ctrl + Tab - Switch between tabs
- Ctrl + W - Close the current tab (or current window when there are no open tabs) Ctrl + N (n can be 1-8) - Switch to a specific tab
- Ctrl + 9 - Switch to the last tab
- Ctrl + Alt + F4 - Close other tabs
- Ctrl + Q - Open quick tabs
- Ctrl + (+) - Increase zoom (+ 10%)
- Ctrl + (-) - Decrease zoom (-10%)
- Ctrl + 0 - Original size (100% zoom)
- Ctrl + Enter - Add ‘http://www.’ to the beginning and ‘.com’ to the end of text in address bar
- Ctrl + E - Go to the Toolbar search box
- Ctrl + Down Arrow - Pull down the search provider menu
- Ctrl + I - Launch Favourites window
- Ctrl + H - Launch web history window
- Alt + D - Select the address bar
- Alt + Enter - Open the website address that is typed in the address bar in new tab
- Alt + Home - goes to your homepage
- Alt + Enter - In the instant search box this shortcut opens search results in a new tab
- Alt +Left arrow - lets you move backward
- Alt + right arrow - lets you move forward
CREATE MULTIPLE HOMEPAGES
- Middle mouse button (if available) - Open a link in a background tab
- Click middle mouse button on the tab - Close a tab
- Double-click on empty tab band space - Open a new tab
- Press Ctrl and scroll up (to zoom in) or down (out) with your mouse - Zoom the page in/out 10%.
Do you tend to visit the same websites each time you open your browser in the morning? Using this little trick, you can open multiple websites at once when IE 7 starts-up.
Step 1. Click the Tools menu, followed by Internet Options
Step 2. Choose the General tab and type in or paste the URL that you want to use as your home page in the ‘Home Page’ section. Then hit Enter and type in another URL
Step 3. Repeat step 3 until you’ve entered all the sites you want. Click OK.
Step 4. Close and restart IE. All the sites you’ve entered should now load-up.