Monday, October 27, 2008

New Google Chrome (Beta) Browser Vulnerability

As reported in The Register, a "proof of concept" of new vulnerability has been reported for the Google Chrome (Beta) browser which allows attackers to impersonate websites of groups such as the Better Business Bureau, PayPal or even Google.

According to Google, the development version Dev Release: 0.3.154.6 addresses the vulnerability.

Reminder: Beta software should not be used in a production environment.

References:








Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hesitate to use even upgraded versions of Chrome, since my last experience using it (first version) left my computer compromised; have they fixed the security issues beyond all doubt?

Corrine said...

Hi, movie buff.

Personally, I prefer not to use beta software on my computer. Between Firefox and IE, I am quite happy with the browsers I have.

The currently open issues with Google Chrome (Beta) can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list

The releases are here: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

Note, however, the difference between a Dev Release and a Beta Release. Compare the Dev Releases to the Firefox Nightly Builds.