Friday, October 31, 2008

Cyber Security Awareness Tip of the Day Roundup

As my contribution to Cyber Security Awareness Month, I have been providing a new "tip of the day". Friends at Freedomlist and LandzDown forums provided some excellent tips that I shared. This "roundup" post provides the opportunity to extend my grateful appreciation to them for their contributions.


October 31, Tip of the Day Roundup:

A lot of information has been included this month on how to "Protect Yourself Before You Connect Yourself" by taking simple and effective steps. The information has been provided not only by me and my forum friends but also by educational, security and private organizations.

As a finale to the question I posed in September: "How can I protect myself before I connect?", the tip today is a roundup of tips. Of course, if I had discovered the other lists before beginning this project, I could have simplified this project considerably. ;)

To review the collection of tips provided this month at Security Garden, just click this link: Cyber Security Awareness Tip of the Day.

In addition to the tips provided by SANS and US-CERT, I thought you might enjoy the tips from Who's Watching Charlottesville even though they didn't seem to catch on that October has 31 days.







Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corrine thank you so much for such an informative month. The work you must be doing on all you blog not just the tip of the month for October is awesome and of great use to my friends with computers.

Corrine said...

Thank you, Cel.

Your comment made it all worthwhile. Your friends with computers are just the type of audience I hope to reach.