Wednesday, January 10, 2007

VeriSign Inc. and Adobe Systems Inc. Collaboration

Being immersed in the goings on at CES this past week, of course I was reading Robert Scoble's blog posts today. His entry, "Netfix is dead" caught my attention, particularly when he described his experience in the VeriSign booth:
". . . demoing: a peer-to-peer system for selling and distributing high-def videos. It really rocks."
Since one of the things I "do" is help users clean malware from their computers, I cringe when I see references to peer-to-peer (P2P). So often the files passed around via P2P are infected. But, that wasn't the part that set off alarms. The ringing started when I read
". . . on Monday Verisign announced a deal with Adobe who’ll distribute their P2P infrastructure along with the next version of the Flash player. That’ll get it into tons of homes nearly overnight."
Great, just great. I already have to politely decline the Yahoo! toolbar when updating Adobe and now I am going to get stuck with VeriSign's P2P software on my computer if I want to use Adobe. This does not make me a happy person.

No comments: