Monday, June 04, 2007

Vista and Kodak EASYSHARE Printers

Not long ago I wrote about the new Kodak EASYSHARE Printers, particularly the Kodak EasyShare 5300 All-in-One Printer that I saw demonstrated. I had been having problems with the old deskjet printer I got when I bought the Windows 95 machine quite some years ago. So, now that I have a new laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate I took advantage of a recent opportunity last Friday morning and placed an order for the EasyShare 5300.

Of all things, the printer has already been delivered! I am impressed. That was darn fast processing. Since I still have some reorganizing to do with my home computer desk as well as more files to transfer to the new laptop, I decided to hold off installing the printer until those jobs are done (or at least until the weekend).

However, I couldn't resist a peek inside the box. I have to tell you, that is the best packaging I have seen to date. Right on top is a simple illustrated instruction booklet with large lettering, "START HERE". The package contents are listed first with instructions for unpacking and setting up the printer. The instructions are very clearly written and very straight forward.

I am looking forward to setting up the printer for another reason. Having achieved a milestone at Kodak, I received a certificate for the "Company Store". Now I have an EASYSHARE V610 Dual Lens Digital Camera. With the extra memory card I purchased, I will be able to crop and print pictures on my new printer.

It seems that I have finally made it to the digital age!

No comments: