After publishing the original article, Scot received a barrage of comments and Comodo’s president and CEO, Melih Abdulhayoglu, posted a reply in the Comodo forum, including what I consider a couple rather unprofessional "rants" at the end of his reply (copied below).
Although I do not use Comodo Firewall, it was added to Vista Compatible Firewalls based the testing and designation by Matousec that
This software runs on Windows Vista.However, please note that Comodo Firewall is not listed in the Windows Vista AppReadiness database as being "Ready" for Windows Vista.
Like Tashi at Certified Bug suggested in her updated report Comodo’s CEO Fires Back, users of Comodo Firewall are encouraged to read the references below to make your own educated decision.
- I have not personally used the Comodo Firewall.
- I was a subscriber of Scot's Newsletter for many years, a member of Scot's Newsletter Forum (SNF) since 2003 and am currently an Administrator of SNF Forum.
- Do Not Rely on Comodo 3’s ‘Basic Firewall’ (Note Comment by Judy Shapiro, Vice President of Marketing for Comodo)
- Windows Vista Application Readiness
- An extraordinary post from the CEO of Comodo: Our Response
- Comodo 3’s ‘Basic Firewall’ - no outbound leak protection
- Comodo’s CEO Attacks Scot’s Newsletter Product Decision
- Comodo’s CEO Fires Back
- Do Not Rely on Comodo 3’s ‘Basic Firewall’
- How would you rate Comodo Personal Firewall? and what to improve?
- Scot's Website
- Windows Vista AppReadiness
- Copy of Comodo CEO "Rants":
Sorry to hear your site going down and I am glad you got help from the people you link to in the blog;)
You know what pisses me off the most: Its ill-informing, mis-informing doing a disservice to users, because of our own agendas!!!! I have no problem with people liking or disliking what we have, we respect opinions, however people in the position to make a difference, abusing the trust that users have bestowed upon them by ill-informing is just plain wrong!!!
---end of rant---
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:45:06 PM by Melih »"