Some examples from postings at the Zone Alarm User Forum --
- Can't Reboot after 7.0.462 update
- Upgraded to 7.0.462.000, now computer wont boot at all
- This is the biggest screw-up I have ever seen.
- 7.0.462.000 Installation Nightmare
- System will not let me uninstall and cpu at 100% since upgrade to 7.0.462 upgrade attempt
"It happened to me - about 24 hours after I clicked on and installed the update. My PC would boot to the desktop screen but would not display my desktop icons or the task bar - so my PC was stuck.....
Eventually I figured out that it was vsmon.exe - True Vector Internet Monitor that was failing to load properly and completely swamping the PC.As Vincent said, "I realize with any new release/update there will be some people encountering problems - but this time it seems pretty bad - ". Indeed it is, Vincent, indeed it is.
I had to go into Safe Mode to Uninstall Zone Alarm -
then reinstall the previous version - so I would still have a firewall."