Blake Handler has written several guides for parents, the most recent of which is Parent's Guide to Microsoft’s Windows Vista where he has provided step-by-step guidelines to assist parents in setting up computer access rights based upon the child's age and maturity.
Although the Vista Security Features bookmark page was updated to include Blake's article, below is a link to other articles I have written on child safety as well as articles either written or referenced by Blake at The Road to Know Where.
Above all, please keep an open dialog with your children regarding Internet safety. Don't make the controls too restrictive, but don't give them free reign either.
- Added a link to the "Internet Safety" tag from Computer Science Teacher - Thoughts and Information from Alfred Thompson. I encourage educators to subscribe to Alfred's blog.
- Updated Vista Security Features to include a link to "Use Windows Vista to help enforce limits on your children's computer use" from Microsoft's Security Tips & Talk.
Parental Guides for Child Safety
- Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety
- Parent's Guide to Microsoft’s Windows Vista
- Parent's Guide to MySpace
- Parent's Guide to Xbox Live Online Gaming
Kevin & Dale Farnham: