Monday, November 12, 2007

Holiday Online Shopping Safety Tips

We (finally) had our first notable frost yesterday morning. I couldn't resist snapping a picture of one of the dwarf barberry bushes. The frost and cold reminded me that it will soon be Thanksgiving in the U.S., which tends to mark the start of the Holiday shopping season.

I was reminded further when I received an E-mail from Amazon.com announcing "Free Shipping on the Season's Best Toys". Highlighted was a section on "Black Friday Deals". Black Friday in the U.S. is the day after Thanksgiving and the biggest shopping day of the season. That is followed closely by "Cyber Monday" when people return to work following the long weekend and take advantage of their company's high-speed internet connection or shop from work because they do not have a connection at home. (I suppose there are still homes without an internet connection.)

With this blog post in mind, I bookmarked the article, "Best Practices for Online Shopping" that Microsoft MVP Harry Waldron reproduced in August from Net World. You can find a link to that article as well as some additional safety tips in the references at the end of this post.

It seems that Nellie2 and I are on the same wave-length (again) as she also recalled Harry Waldron's post from last year on Cyber Monday. In fact, as I looked back to last year, I see that I had also quoted Harry's post when I wrote "First Black Friday, Then Cyber Monday".

Don't be a victim. If you are planning on doing on-line shopping for Holiday gifts, stick to the sites you know to be safe and check out the tips in the linked references below.

References:




Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

No comments: