The value of a Windows Live Hotmail account is increased exponentially by including the ability to access multiple e-mail accounts all from your Hotmail inbox.
Not only can you can link multiple Windows Live IDs, you can also add up to four POP3 accounts to your Windows Live Hotmail account. By following the steps below, you can send and receive e-mail from your Gmail, AOL Mail, and Yahoo! Mail Plus.
Note that POP access needs to be turned on in the other account for Hotmail to access the email. Some email services have POP turned off by default, so be sure to check those settings. Using Gmail as an example, the option is located in Settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
Add an email account
Enter your account information
Set folders and icons
Select the folder where you'd like email from this account to go. You can also choose a colored icon to indicate mail from that account. When you're done, click Save.
Verify that you own this email addressAn e-mail will be sent to the account to be forwarded to your Windows Live Hotmail. It is necessary to approve forwarding by clicking the link in the e-mail.
You have set up your Windows Live Hotmail account to send messages from this email address.
By adding this address, you'll be able to write messages and send them from this Windows Live Hotmail account:
1. To verify that you own this account and want to send messages from it, click the link below:
2. The link will take you to the sign-in page for Windows Live Hotmail. Just sign in to the account that you want to send mail from. Once you've done that, your mail from that account will start being sent from this address.
Additional Topics on Managing Hotmail
- Hotmail Security to Protect and Recover Your Account
- Hotmail Security, Common Passwords Blocked
- Hotmail Full-Session HTTPS Encryption
- Hotmail Security, How to Report a Hacked Account
- How to use Hotmail Aliases
- Link Windows Live IDs in Hotmail
- Using Hotmail Plus Addresses