If you regularly use public computers or insecure wireless connections, HTTPS will help keep your account secure from hackers.
In addition, SkyDrive, Photos, Docs, and Devices pages now all automatically use SSL encryption. As a result all of your data is transferred over HTTPS.
If you HTTPS for Hotmail, the connections below will not be available:
- Outlook Hotmail Connector
- Windows Live Mail
- The Windows Live application for Windows Mobile (version 6.5 and earlier) and Symbian
To enable HTTPS for your Hotmail inbox, calendar, and contacts, go to https://account.live.com/ManageSSL.
Tip: If you only need a temporary HTTPS connection, enter "https" in front of the web address instead of "http".
Additional Topics on Managing Hotmail
- Hotmail Security to Protect and Recover Your Account
- Hotmail Security, Common Passwords Blocked
- Hotmail Security, How to Report a Hacked Account
- How to use Hotmail Aliases
- Link Windows Live IDs in Hotmail
- Use Hotmail to Manage All Your E-Mail Accounts
- Using Hotmail Plus Addresses