Users of WinPatrol can help mitigate the effects of the clipboard hijacks by disabling Adobe Shockwave Flash with the ActiveX control in WinPatrol. (See WinPatrol 2008 introduced in its 10th year). To see how simple it is, just follow the illustrations I provided here, use the settings listed below and select disable for Shockwave Flash:
- Only view ActiveX controls used by Internet Explorer
- Toggle non-Microsoft ActiveX controls on/off.
- Adobe Flash ads launching clipboard hijack attack
- Announcing WinPatrol 2008 With ActiveX Control
- Clickjacking: Researchers raise alert for scary new cross-browser exploit
- NoScript Add-On
- NoScript Home Page