Microsoft released nine (9) bulletins, of which five bulletins are identified as Critical and the remaining four as Important. All but one bulletin are related to Remote Code Execution and will require a restart.
The bulletins address twenty-six vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Server Software, Developer Tools, and Office.
Note: MS12-043 (Microsoft XML Core Services) was re-released again this month with additional updates for Microsoft XML Core Services 5.0. The re-release does not affect the previous updates for versions 3.0, 4.0, and 6.0.
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS12-052||Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer||2722913|
|MS12-053||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2723135|
|MS12-054||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2733594|
|MS12-055||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2731847|
|MS12-056||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2706045|
|MS12-057||Vulnerability in Microsoft Office||2731879|
|MS12-058||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2733829|
|MS12-059||Vulnerability in Microsoft Office||2733918|
|MS12-060||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2720573|
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: August 2012 Bulletin Release
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2012
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for Augsut 2012