The update is referred to as QFE1, where QFE stands for Quick Fix Engineering) and addresses the following issues:
- fixed a couple of issues where in some cases video calls or file-sharing activities could not be re-established after losing network connection.
- sometimes status messages and display picture were not synchronizing correctly between PCs, resulting in a notification that changes made would not be seen on other computers.
- various performance and stability improvements.
- a design change so that geo-tagging no longer overwrites GPS coordinates in image files.
How to determine installed version
The version number is available in the "About" dialog for Messenger or Windows Live Photo Gallery. Version number is 15.4.3508.1109 is the latest release. The Windows Live Team recommends updating if Version 15.4.3502.0922 is installed.
This optional update will download a package that only includes the new changes from the originally released version of Windows Live Essentials. In other words, it will not be necessary to go through the entire setup with the update, although a restart will likely be needed to complete the installation.
All new installations of Windows Live Essentials 2011 include the QFE1 update.
- QFE1 for Windows Live Essentials 2011 now available through Microsoft Update
- Windows Live Essentials