On October 13, 2009, Microsoft is planning to release 13 bulletins (eight critical and five important), addressing 34 vulnerabilities. The affected products include Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, Silverlight, Forefront, Developer Tools, and SQL Server. Most of these updates require a restart.
According to the Advance Notification, of the 13 bulletins only one is designated Critical for Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7. Four bulletins are designated Important for Windows 7. The full version of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for this month can be found at the TechNet link below.
Critical, Windows 7 (32 and 64 Bit):
- Bulletin 5, an update for Windows Internet Explorer 8.
- Bulletins 6, 7, 10 and 12 are updates for Windows
- Vulnerabilities in SMB Could Allow Remote Code Execution (975497)
- Vulnerabilities in the FTP Service in Internet Information Services (975191)
- MSRC: October 2009 bulletin Release
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for October 2009
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...