Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas -- Khristos Razhdayetsya

My sincere wishes for a very Merry Christmas to my family 
as well as my "real-life" and "virtual" friends!

Along with those wishes, I am again sharing a video I created with the "Windows Movie Maker" which was a part of the Windows Essentials 2012 suite.  The video includes images of some of the traditional foods that are part of the Ukrainian Christmas Eve celebration.  They were part of our family tradition when my husband, born in Lviv, Ukraine was alive.

Shchedryk is the origin of "Carol of the Bells" which is one of my favorite Christmas songs.  It was composed by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovych in 1904 based on a Ukrainian folk song. (See The Unknown Ukrainian Carol that everyone knows for additional information.)

 



Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

1 comment:

Bill said...

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours too!