Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Scot's Newsletter Forums Lives On!

Scot's Newsletter Forums

A little over two weeks ago, Scot Finnie (owner and founder of Scot's Newsletter Forums) posted what was to long-time members, a shocking Announcement that the time had come for him to pull away from the forums and Scot's Newsletter, reading in part:

"To be honest, in recent years -- since leaving Computerworld -- I have lost my long-held zeal for computers. I've moved on to other pursuits, and have even launched a small local business in an unrelated field.

 

My hope is that I can find someone or some group of people to whom I can turn over the forums, the scotsnewsletter.com domain, and all the keys to the castle. In other words, a new owner. As the new owner, you would have the option to use my first name in perpetuity (in any marketing materials etc.) For the first year I would be around to consult on any questions that might arise (at no cost). All that for one dollar. Such a deal.

 

I think that new blood, someone with new ideas who wants to try a few things, will find there's still enough of an ember on the forums to start something new. One of those ideas might be changing the name of the forums."

Fortunately, with the announcement today, We Have a New Owner! that hope has come true!   



Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...




No comments: