Friday, May 25, 2018

More GDPR





If you are like me, you have likely seen more notices about privacy policy updates during recent days and weeks than the entire time you have been on the Internet.  Although, I must admit that I particularly enjoyed the "First message from deep space", that I saw on Twitter via Marcin Kleczynski.









Even after all the privacy policy notices I have seen, I was surprised when opening my blog account this morning to find the the information below that Google placed in my account:



Following the "Learn more" link which redirects to Cookies notification in European Union countries - Blogger Help, I discovered that visitors to Security Garden from the EU should be seeing the following notice:

Google Added Cookie Notice

 "LEARN MORE" from the notice leads to How Google uses cookies – Privacy & Terms – Google.

 Since I have confirmed that the notice works and displays, do not use AdSense and am not aware of any functionality from other providers, I gather that GDR requirements have been fulfilled with respect to this blog.  However, that may not be the case with Google as indicated in Google and Facebook accused of breaking GDPR laws - BBC News and Facebook and Google hit with $8.8 billion in GDPR lawsuits - The Verge.



Home
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

No comments: