Adobe Flash Player was updated to address critical security vulnerabilities.
Note that beginning with Adobe Flash Version 11.3, the universal 32-bit installer includes the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player. Additionally, the separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.Three security improvements were included in the release of Flash Player 11.3. From the ASSET Blog, linked below:
- Flash Player Protected Mode (“sandboxing”) is now available for Firefox users on Windows. (Note: As explained in the ASSET Blog, Protected Mode for Firefox is not available on Windows XP.)
- For Mac users, this release will include the background updater for Mac OS X.
- This release and all future Flash Player releases for Mac OS X will be signed with an Apple Developer ID, so that Flash Player can work with the new Gatekeeper technology for Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8).
Update InformationThe newest version for Windows, Macintosh, Linux
Release date: June 8, 2012
Vulnerability identifier: APSB12-14
Priority: See table below
CVE number: CVE-2012-2034, CVE-2012-2035, CVE-2012-2036, CVE-2012-2037, CVE-2012-2038, CVE-2012-2039, CVE-2012-2040
Platform: All Platforms
Priority and Severity ratings
Adobe categorizes these updates with the following priority ratings and recommends users update their installations to the newest versions:
|Adobe Flash Player||11.3.300.257||Windows and Macintosh||
|220.127.116.11||Android 3.x and 2.x||
|Adobe AIR||18.104.22.16810||Windows, Macintosh, and Android||
These updates will address critical vulnerabilities in the software.
Flash Player Update Instructions
Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris
Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, direct download links are available.
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- Beginning with Adobe Flash Version 11.3, the universal 32-bit installer will include the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player.
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck the optional McAfee Security Plus box. It is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
When Adobe Flash Player is updated, it is recommended that Adobe AIR version be checked as well. Go to Adobe AIR Help to determine the version of Adobe AIR runtime installed. The current version of Adobe AIR is 22.214.171.12410.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security update available for Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe PSIRT Blog: Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (APSB12-14)
- ASSET Blog: Flash Player 11.3 delivers additional security capabilities for Mac and Firefox users