In the United States, this will mean you can pre-order Windows 7 as follows:
- Windows 7 Home Premium for USD $49.99
- Windows 7 Professional for USD $99.99
This special offer will be available online via select retail partners such as Best Buy or Amazon, or the online Microsoft Store (in participating markets).
The pre-order timeline is as follows:
- U.S., Canada -- June 26, 2009 through July 11, 2009.
- Japan -- June 26, 2009 through July 5, 2009.
- UK, France and Germany -- July 15, 2009 through August 14, 2009.
Note: The special low pre-order price will vary per country. Complete information is available at Windows: Windows 7 Pre-Order Offer
Regular Windows 7 Pricing:
The estimated retail prices for upgrade packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are as follows:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99
Below are the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S.:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99
As explained at the Windows Blog, by Microsoft Corporate Vice President Brad Brooks, the situation in Europe is a bit different:
"We wanted to make sure that all of our customers got Windows 7 at the same time. And because of what needed to occur around testing of Windows 7E, it became very clear that we would not be able to offer a retail upgrade version of that piece of software on October 22nd.
So, we had a choice to make. Either we delayed the launch of Windows 7 in Europe or that we brought it all together and did something different. So, what we decided to do is do something different.
And so in Europe we’re going to basically offer Windows 7E full version at upgrade prices."
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...