Adobe released a quick update only for the ActiveX version of Flash Player for IE on Windows 7 and earlier to version 188.8.131.520. The update was to address a problem with Flash Player improperly loading in applications that have it embedded.
Google Chrome and Windows 8.x/10 Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge will receive the update through the Google and Microsoft update mechanisms. No update for the plug-in version.
Warning: Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, that link includes a pre-checked option to install unnecessary extras, such as McAfee Scan Plus or Google Drive. If you use the download center, uncheck any unnecessary extras.
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer, Windows 7 and earlier: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_20_active_x.exe
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck any optional downloads that you do not want. Any pre-checked option is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...