Adobe has released Version 184.108.40.206 of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR for Windows and Macintosh. Version 220.127.116.111 has been released for Linux. The Extended Release Version is 18.104.22.1687.
These updates address vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. Details of the vulnerabilities are included in the below-referenced Security Bulletin.
Release date: March 12, 2015
Vulnerability identifier: APSB15-05
CVE number: CVE-2015-0332, CVE-2015-0333, CVE-2015-0334, CVE-2015-0335, CVE-2015-0336, CVE-2015-0337, CVE-2015-0338, CVE-2015-0339, CVE-2015-0340, CVE-2015-0341, CVE-2015-0342
Flash Player Update InstructionsIt is recommended that you either use the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted or the direct download links. The problem with the auto-update mechanism is that it can take a few days to finally provide the update.
Flash Player Auto-Update
The update settings for Flash Player versions 10.3 and above can found in the Advanced tab of the Flash Player Settings Manager. The locations are as follows:
- Windows: click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Flash Player
- Macintosh: System Preferences (under Other) click Flash Player
- Linux Gnome: System > Preferences > Adobe Flash Player
- Linux KDE: System Settings > Adobe Flash Player
Flash Player Direct Download Links
Warning: Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, that link includes a pre-checked option to install unnecessary extras, such as McAfee Scan Plus or Google Drive. If you use the download center, uncheck any unnecessary extras.
- Non-IE Plugin (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_17_plugin.exe
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer, Windows 7 and earlier: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_17_active_x.exe
Internet Explorer, Windows 8 and above: Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from Microsoft Security Advisory: Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10: July 9, 2013.
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- Adobe AIR: http://get.adobe.com/air/
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck any optional downloads that you do not want. Any pre-checked option is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
- Users of the Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release should update to Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1249.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- AIR Download Center
- Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) Blog
- Security Bulletin: APSB15-05
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 17 AIR® 17