It is important to note that Pale Moon 25.0
*Update: For those stuck with Windows XP, via Moon Child on the Pale Moon Facebook page,
"Windows XP users may be happy to know about this fully endorsed version specifically for Windows XP! Both x86 and x64 supported. Pale Moon for Windows XP - Software - Binary Outcast"
See this page for Known Incompatible Add-ons - Add-ons - Pale Moon. Note that although AdBlock Plus is shown as incompatible, it does indeed work. However, to edit the filters, it is necessary to open the Add-ons tab and click the icon to change filter options.
Update 2: Although AdBlock Plus was continuing to block ads for me on Pale Moon version 25 (since I wasn't seeing ads on websites that I know have them) check this out from Adblock Plus (Pseudo-Static) - Add-ons - Pale Moon:
"About: This Pseudo-Static release provides users of Pale Moon a fully functional ABP experence while we work with the Adblock Plus team to get Pale Moon officially supported.Update 3: See Moon Child's explanation, Why do some extensions no longer work in v25?.
BEFORE YOU INSTALL PLEASE REMOVE THE MAIN-LINE VERSION AS THEY WILL CONFLICT
By: Adblock Plus Team (Modified by Pale Moon Add-ons Team)
Compatible with Pale Moon 25.*
The list of changes to Pale Moon version 25 is extremely long. Detailed information about this new version is available in the Announcement.
- Properly derive/insert the host of a URL
- Avoid negative audio ratios (can lead to crashes) (CVE-2014-1565)
- Avoid some root hazards in the style parser
- Add is-object check to IonBuilder::makeCallHelper (CVE-2014-1562)
- Clear the jumplist icon cache when history is cleared (privacy fix)
- Crash fix on Windows (JS JIT) (CVE-2014-1554)
- Prevent buffer overrun in text directionality component (CVE-2014-1567)
- Update NSS to 18.104.22.168-RTM (CVE-2014-1568)
Minimum system Requirements (Windows):
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Server 2008 or later
- A processor with SSE2 support
- 256 MB of free RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- At least 150 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...