Microsoft released ten (10) bulletins. Two bulletins are identified as Critical with eight bulletins rated Important.
The bulletins address 33 vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Server and Tools, and .NET Framework.
MS13-038 addresses the issues in Security Advisory 2847140.
Users of Windows XP are reminded that support ends for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. See Tim Rains article, The Countdown Begins: Support for Windows XP Ends on April 8, 2014.
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS13-037||Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer||2829530|
|MS13-038||Security Update for Internet Explorer||2847204|
|MS13-039||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2829254|
|MS13-040||Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework*||2836440|
|MS13-041||Vulnerability in Microsoft Lync||2834695|
|MS13-042||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office||2830397|
|MS13-043||Vulnerability in Microsoft Office||2830399|
|MS13-044||Vulnerability in Microsoft Office||2834692|
|MS13-045||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2813707|
|MS13-046||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2840221|
*If you have had problems with .NET Framework updates in the past, it is advised that you install MS13-040 separately including a shutdown/restart.
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: Microsoft Customer Protections for May 2013
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May 2013
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for May 2013
- Tech Net Advisory: Microsoft Security Advisory (2847140): Vulnerability in Internet Explorer Could Allow Remote Code Execution