Mozilla sent Firefox Version 20 to the release channel. Included in the update are eleven (11) critical security updates.
Fixed in Firefox 20MFSA 2013-40 Out-of-bounds array read in CERT_DecodeCertPackage
MFSA 2013-39 Memory corruption while rendering grayscale PNG images
MFSA 2013-38 Cross-site scripting (XSS) using timed history navigations
MFSA 2013-37 Bypass of tab-modal dialog origin disclosure
MFSA 2013-36 Bypass of SOW protections allows cloning of protected nodes
MFSA 2013-35 WebGL crash with Mesa graphics driver on Linux
MFSA 2013-34 Privilege escalation through Mozilla Updater
MFSA 2013-33 World read and write access to app_tmp directory
MFSA 2013-32 Privilege escalation through Mozilla Maintenance Service
MFSA 2013-31 Out-of-bounds write in Cairo library
MFSA 2013-30 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:20.0 / rv:17.0.5)
- FIXED --20.0: Security fixes can be found here
- NEW -- Per-window Private Browsing. Learn more.
- NEW -- New download experience. Learn more.
- NEW -- Ability to close hanging plugins, without the browser hanging
- CHANGED -- Continued performance improvements around common browser tasks (page loads, downloads, shutdown, etc.)
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Firefox menu at the upper left of the browser window, then pick "About Firefox." Mac users need to select "About Firefox" from the Firefox menu.
If you do not use the English language version, Fully Localized Versions are available for download.
- Common questions after updating Firefox
- Security Updates
- Mozilla Firefox Release Notes
- Privacy Blog: Firefox Gives You More Control Over Your Privacy
- Bug Fixes