Internet Explorer 10 has been released globally for Windows 7. It is available in 95 languages.
Initially, the update will be available via Windows Update for those running the IE10 release preview, followed in stages for the remaining Windows 7 users. If you would rather not wait to be offered the update, IE10 is available via the links shown below.
Note that IE10 is not compatible with Windows Vista.
Key ImprovementsKey improvements in IE9 include improved performance, security, and privacy. Of major significance are the results of the independent testing conducted by NSS Labs, referenced below, in which IE10 with App Rep had a mean malware block rate of 99.1%.
- Computer with a 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- Windows 7 32-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows 7 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit—512 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—512 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—512 MB
- Windows 7 32-bit—70 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—120 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—200 MB
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
Download LinkGo here to determine if your PC is running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
- Browser Security Comparative Analysis: Socially Engineered Malware
- How to obtain prerequisite updates for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 that fail to install
- IE10 for Windows 7 Globally Available for Consumers and Businesses
- Internet Explorer 10 now available for more than 700M Windows customers
- Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 privacy statement - Microsoft Windows