The updates released are for Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and Adobe Shockwave Player. Details and update instructions are included below.
Adobe Flash Player was again updated to address critical security vulnerabilities. These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Update InformationThe newest versions are as follows:
Product Updated version Platform Priority rating Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168 Windows 1 11.6.602.167 Macintosh 2 220.127.116.110 Linux 3 18.104.22.168 Android 4.x 3 22.214.171.124 Android 3.x and 2.x 3 Adobe AIR 126.96.36.1997 Windows, Macintosh and Android 3 Adobe AIR SDK 188.8.131.529 Windows, Macintosh and Android 3
Release date: February 12, 2013
Vulnerability identifier: APSB13-05
CVE number: CVE-2013-1372, CVE-2013-0645, CVE-2013-1373, CVE-2013-1369, CVE-2013-1370, CVE-2013-1366, CVE-2013-0649, CVE-2013-1365, CVE-2013-1374, CVE-2013-1368, CVE-2013-0642, CVE-2013-0644, CVE-2013-0647, CVE-2013-1367, CVE-2013-0639, CVE-2013-0638, CVE-2013-0637
Platform: All Platforms
Flash Player Update Instructions
Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, direct download links are available.
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
Flash Player for Internet Explorer 10: Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from the Download Center at Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 Release Preview (KB2758994).
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- For Adobe AIR see Determine version | Adobe AIR runtime.
- Beginning with Adobe Flash Version 11.3, the universal 32-bit installer will include the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player.
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck the optional McAfee Security Plus box. It is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
The update to Adobe Shockwave Player for both Windows and Macintosh systems addresses vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker, who successfully exploits these vulnerabilities, to run malicious code on the affected system.
Release date: February 12, 2013
Vulnerability identifier: APSB13-06
CVE number: CVE-2013-0635, CVE-2013-0636
Platform: Windows and Macintosh
Update InformationThe newest version of Shockwave Player 184.108.40.206 is available here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/.
- Please remember to uncheck any unwanted 3rd party toolbars or other programs during installation.
- For information on how to disable the auto-update setting in Shockwave Player, see http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/166/tn_16683.html. (This must be set every time Shockwave Player is updated if you do not want auto-updating.)
Verify InstallationTo test the Adobe Shockwave Player installation on your computer, go to the Test Authorware Web Player page.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
- Security updates available for Adobe Shockwave Player
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 11.5 AIR® 3.5