Microsoft released two (2) bulletins, of which both bulletins are identified Important. The bulletins are related to Elevation of Privilege, although neither is known to be under active exploit in the wild.
The bulletins address twenty-six vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Server Software, Developer Tools, and Office. Although they do not require a restart, it is advised to restart the computer after installing the updates.
- MS12-061 (Visual Studio Team Foundation Server) This security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability in Visual Studio Team Foundation Server. This bulletin is rated Important for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 Service Pack 1.
- MS12-062 (System Center Configuration Manager) This security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. The bulletin is rated Important for Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Service Pack 3 and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2.
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: Update Tuesday overview for September 2012
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2012
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for Spetember 2012