Adobe released a Security Bulletin (APSB11-24) which contains the quarterly security updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat. The updates address critical security issues in the products. Adobe recommends that users apply the updates for their product installations.
- Release date: September 13, 2011
- Vulnerability identifier: APSB11-24
- CVE numbers: CVE-2011-1353, CVE-2011-2431, CVE-2011-2432, CVE-2011-2433, CVE-2011-2434, CVE-2011-2435, CVE-2011-2436, CVE-2011-2437, CVE-2011-2438, CVE-2011-2439, CVE-2011-2440, CVE-2011-2441, CVE-2011-2442
- Platform: All
Acrobat and Reader users can update to the latest version using the built-in updater, by clicking “Help” and then “Check for Updates.” The Adobe Reader update for Windows is available from http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/.
The next quarterly security updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat are currently scheduled for December 13, 2011.
Alternatively, you could switch to an alternate PDF reader. There are a number of open source readers available from http://pdfreaders.org/. I have been using Sumatra PDF for around three years. Nitro Reader is also a viable substitute.
- Security Bulletin: Adobe-Security Bulletins: APSB11-08
- PSIRT Blog: Security updates available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat (APSB11-08)