Adobe released Critical Severity updates to three products and one Important Severity update to another. If you use RoboHelp, Audition or Flash Media Server (FMS), it is strongly recommended that you apply the updates as soon as possible.
Adobe Security Bulletins
- APSB11-09 – Security update available for RoboHelp (Important Severity)
- APSB11-10 – Security update available for Audition (Critical Severity)
- APSB11-11 – Security update available for Flash Media Sever (FMS) (Critical Severity)
- APSB11-12 – Security update available for Flash Player (Critical Severity)
Adobe Flash Update DetailsAlthough, to date, Adobe has not obtained a sample that completes an attack, the identified vulnerabilities could cause the application to crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Adobe indicated that there are reports of malware attempting to exploit the CVE-2011-0627 vulnerability in the wild. The attack is via a Flash (.swf) file embedded in a Microsoft Word (.doc) or Microsoft Excel (.xls) file delivered as an email attachment targeting the Windows platform.
Release date: May 12, 2011
Vulnerability identifier: APSB11-12
CVE number: CVE-2011-0579, CVE-2011-0618, CVE-2011-0619, CVE-2011-0620, CVE-2011-0621, CVE-2011-0622, CVE-2011-0623, CVE-2011-0624, CVE-2011-0625, CVE-2011-0626, CVE-2011-0627
Platform: All Platforms
Standing InstructionsAlthough Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, the direct download links are as follows:
- IE: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox etc) http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security Update Available for Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe PSIRT Blog: Security updates available for Flash Player, RoboHelp, Audition, and Flash Media Server