On Tuesday April 13, 2010, Microsoft will release 11 bulletins addressing 25 vulnerabilities in Windows, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Exchange.
In addition, Microsoft will be closing the following open Security Advisories with next week’s updates:
· Microsoft Security Advisory (981169) - Vulnerability in VBScript Could Allow Remote Code Execution.
· Microsoft Security Advisory (977544) - Vulnerability in SMB Could Allow Denial of Service
Please also note the included reminder in the MSRC blog post that products/service packs will no longer receive security updates.
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 will no longer be supported after July 13, 2010. Many customers are still on this version, so we encourage upgrading to Service Pack 3 or to Windows 7 as soon as possible.
- Extended support for Windows 2000 will also be retired as of July 13, 2010. After that time, we will no longer provide security or any other updates for Windows 2000.
- Windows Vista RTM will no longer be supported after the April 13, 2010 bulletin release. Service Pack 1 will still be supported until July 12, 2011 but we recommend customers update to Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 at this time.
- MSRC Blog: April 2010 Bulletin Release Advance Notification
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for April 2010
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...