Mozilla sent Firefox Version 49.0.2 to the release channel today. The update includes two (2) high security updates and a number of changes and fixes.
The security fixes are for CVE-2016-5287 and CVE-2016-5287. Detailed information about the security updates is available at Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox 49.0.2 — Mozilla.
The next scheduled release is November 8, 2016.
Firefox ESR will continue to ship point releases on the same day that Firefox ships and can be downloaded from here. The ESR version remains at 45.4.0.
- Asynchronous rendering of the Flash plugins is now enabled by default. This should improve performance and reduce crashes for sites that use the Flash plugin. (Bug 1307108)
- Change D3D9 default fallback preference to prevent graphical artifacts (Bug 1306465)
- Network issue prevents some users from seeing the Firefox UI on startup (Bug 1305436)
- Web compatibility issue with Array.prototype.values (Bug 1299593)
- Various security fixes
- Web compatibility issue with file uploads (Bug 1306472)
- Diagnostic information on timing for tab switching (Bug 1304113)
- Reference link to Firefox 49.0.1 release notes
- Fix a Canvas filters graphics issue affecting HTML5 apps (Bug 1304539)
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Firefox menu at the upper left of the browser window, then pick "About Firefox." Mac users need to select "About Firefox" from the Firefox menu. If you do not use the English language version, Fully Localized Versions are available for download.
- Common questions after updating Firefox
- Security Updates
- Mozilla Firefox Release Notes
- Bug Fixes
- Update Release Schedule for 2016
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...