Microsoft released thirteen (13) bulletins. Six (6) bulletins are identified as Critical and the remaining eight (7) are rated Important in severity. Of particular note is MS16-039 which is under active attack.
The updates address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps, Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync and Microsoft .NET Framework.
Information about the updates in KB 3147458 for Windows 10 is available at Windows 10 update history.
- MS16-037 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3148531)
- MS16-038 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3148532)
- MS16-039 Security Update for Microsoft Graphics Component (3148522)
- MS16-040 Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services (3148541)
- MS16-042 Security Update for Microsoft Office (3148775)
- MS16-050 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player in IE/Edge on Win8.1/10 (3154132)
- MS16-041 Security Update for .NET Framework (3148789)
- MS16-044 Security Update for Windows OLE (3146706)
- MS16-045 Security Update for Windows Hyper-V (3143118)
- MS16-046 Security Update for Secondary Logon (3148538)
- MS16-047 Security Update for SAM and LSAD Remote Protocols (3148527)
- MS16-048 Security Update for CSRSS (3148528)
- MS16-049 Security Update for HTTP.sys (3148795)
Additional Update Notes
- Adobe Flash Player -- For Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 10 Version 1511, Adobe Flash Player is now a security bulletin rather than a security advisory and is included with the updates.
- MSRT -- Microsoft released an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services, and the Download Center.
- Windows 8.x and Windows 10 -- Non-security new features and improvements for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are included with the updates.
- Windows 10 -- A summary of important product developments included in each update, with links to more details is available at Windows 10 Update History. The page will be regularly refreshed, as new updates are released.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...