Pale Moon has been updated to version 26.1.0. In addition to the security update, the update includes web compatibility, stability and bugfix updates.
The updates as described in the Release Notes include the following:
Updated the Graphite2 font library to 1.3.5+ to fix a number of vulnerabilities (and some font bugs).
- Disabled our ES6 Promise implementation introduced in 26.0 since there were some severe issues with its implementation that caused a lot of inexplicable failures on websites. This means that some sites that insist on using Promises without checking availability and that do not provide sufficient web client compatibility by way of server-side libraries or polyfills will currently not work as-intended. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause; providing a perfectly-working implementation will be our top priority going forward.
- Improved website compatibility with many sites and web applications by making our cookie gate less strict.
- Fixed web compatibility with Google Hangouts and Yahoo Calendar.
- Changed the memory allocator on Windows platforms to a much more modern full-library implementation of jemalloc, with miscellaneous additional fixes. This should give comparable speed to the system one and will allocate free memory more dynamically. This should fix issues like "huge animated gif choking" and inexplicable pauses when using many tabs, scrolling (extremely) long pages, or viewing media.
- Fixed a few rare crashing issues on Windows due to the build process.
- Reduced so-called "jank" on inner frame scrolling reflows.
- Extension compatibility: partial implementation of Firefox 26 download
js modules as shims; this should make more Firefox extensions compatible with us out-of-the-box. (Thanks, Chaoskagami!)
- Added a "superstop" key combination (Shift+Esc) that will stop all (foreground and background) network activity, stop animated gifs, etc. even after the page itself has fully loaded (and the stop button not being available) - some web applications may not like this if you use it since it will also cancel XHR requests, etc.
- Updated NTLM authentication, deprecating v1 and adding a proper v2 implementation (Thanks, Trava90!)
- Updated the default theme to tweak/improve it some more (Thanks, Antonius32!)
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Server 2008 or later
- A processor with SSE2 support
- 256 MB of free RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- At least 150 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
- PM4XP (Pale Moon for XP) has reached end of support and has been replaced with Pale Moon for Atom.
- Linux version: Available from http://www.palemoon.org/contributed-builds.shtml
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...