Microsoft released thirteen (13) bulletins. Six (6) bulletins are identified as Critical and the remaining seven (7) are rated Important in severity.
The updates address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps,
Microsoft Server Software and Microsoft .NET Framework.
For Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 10 Version 1511, Adobe Flash Player is now a security bulletin rather than a security advisory and was included with the updates.
As a very welcome change in response to feedback, Microsoft is now providing more details about the Windows 10 updates delivered through Windows Update. A summary of important product developments included in each update, with links to more details is available at Windows 10 Update History. The page will be regularly refreshed, as new updates are released.
- MS16-009 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (3134220)
- MS16-011 Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3134225)
- MS16-012 Security Update for Microsoft Windows PDF Library to Address Remote Code Execution (3138938)
- MS16-013 Security Update for Windows Journal to Address Remote Code Execution (3134811)
- MS16-015 Security Update for Microsoft Office to Address Remote Code Execution (3134226)
- MS16-022 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3135782)
- MS16-014 Security Update for Microsoft Windows to Address Remote Code Execution (3134228)
- MS16-016 Security Update for WebDAV to Address Elevation of Privilege (3136041)
- MS16-017 Security Update for Remote Desktop Display Driver to Address Elevation of Privilege (3134700)
- MS16-018 Security Update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers to Address Elevation of Privilege (3136082)
- MS16-019 Security Update for .NET Framework to Address Denial of Service (3137893)
- MS16-020 Security Update for Active Directory Federation Services to Address Denial of Service (3134222)
- MS16-021 Security Update for NPS RADIUS Server to Address Denial of Service (3133043)
Additional Update Notes
- MSRT -- Microsoft released an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services, and the Download Center. The update includes updated detections for the following malware families: Bladabindi, Gamarue, Sality, Kelihos and Diplugem.
Windows 8.x and Windows 10 -- Non-security new features and improvements for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are included with the updates.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...