Pale Moon has been updated to version 26.0.0. This is a milestone update as Pale Moon is now building on the new Goanna engine instead of Gecko.
Note: Although there has been extensive testing of this release, it is still possible to run into some website compatibility issues (usually because of websites doing useragent sniffing) and some sites displaying a mobile version if they do not recognize or incorrectly recognize the new browser engine. Please always try contacting the webmasters first before posting support requests at the Pale Moon Forums, since this is usually not something Pale Moon developers can assist with.
- Added support for 128-bit Camellia-GCM ciphers in addition to the existing CBC ciphers to offer a more internationally diverse choice of secure encryption ciphers than just AES.
- Added an advanced, active XSS (cross-site scripting) filter. Pale Moon will now check for XSS attacks and block XSS content in the resulting pages. This is brand-new technology and feedback on this filter specifically (e.g. bugs, false positives, etc.) should be posted in the dedicated thread on the forum for this feature. Please also see that thread for details on how to use and control this filter.
- Distrusted several root certificates in accordance with security best practice.
cookie acceptance with RFC 6265 §4.1.1. We still
make an exception for allowing spaces and double quotes in cookie
values, but this will be made more strict in the future for full spec
that you are RFC compliant in terms of both cookie names and cookie
values, or the browser may reject them.
- Removed several hazardous modules like the maintenance service and the identity module.
- Ported all security updates from Mozilla that are applicable/relevant to our code base (up to and including all security issues made known to us until now). Considering v26 has been kept updated over its long development until release, the list of fixes/CVEs would be too exhaustive to list in these release notes individually.
Minimum system Requirements (Windows):
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Server 2008 or later
- A processor with SSE2 support
- 256 MB of free RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- At least 150 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
- PM4XP (Pale Moon for XP) has reached end of support and has been replaced with Pale Moon for Atom.
- Linux version: Available from http://www.palemoon.org/contributed-builds.shtml
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...