Pale Moon has been updated to version 25.8.0. The update is described as a security, stability and usability update.
Three of the security updates are identified as DiD, "Defense-in-Depth". These fixes do not apply to actively exploitable vulnerabilities in Pale Moon. Rather, the purpose of the updates is to prevent future vulnerabilities caused by the same code when surrounding code changes, exposing the problem.
- Updated the libpng library to 1.5.24 to address critical security issues CVE-2015-7981 and CVE-2015-8126
- Updated the NSPR library to 4.10.10 to address several security issues.
- Updated the NSS library to 3.19.4 to address several security issues.
- Fixed a memory safety hazard in SVG path code (CVE-2015-7199).
- Fixed an issue with IP address parsing potentially allowing an attacker to bypass the Same Origin Policy (CVE-2015-7188).
- Fixed an Add-on SDK (Jetpack) issue that would allow scripts to be executed despite being forbidden (CVE-2015-7187).
- Fixed a crash due to a buffer underflow in libjar (CVE-2015-7194).
- Fixed an issue for Android full screen that would potentially allow address spoofing (CVE-2015-7185).
- Added size checks in canvas manipulations to avoid potential image encoding vulnerabilities like CVE-2015-7189. DiD
- Fixed potential information disclosure vulnerabilities through the NTLM authentication mechanism. Insecure NTLM v1 is now disabled by default, and the workstation name is set to WORKSTATION by default (configurable with a preference for environments where identification of workstations is done by actual reported machine name). This avoids issues like CVE-2015-4515.
- Fixed a potentially vulnerable crash from a spinning event loop during resize painting. DiD
Minimum system Requirements (Windows):
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Server 2008 or later
- A processor with SSE2 support
- 256 MB of free RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- At least 150 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
- PM4XP (Pale Moon for XP) has reached end of support and has been replaced with Pale Moon for Atom.
- Linux version: Available from http://www.palemoon.org/contributed-builds.shtml
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...