Pale Moon has been updated to version 25.5 and includes numerous fixes/changes as well as security updates.
- Fixes for miscellaneous memory safety hazards (relevant and applicable fixes from CVE-2015-2708 and CVE-2015-2709)
- DiD (defense-in-depth) fix to prevent potential overflows in CSS restyling
- Fix for updater hijacking (CVE-2015-2720)
- Fix to prevent potential disclosure of sensitive information in Android logs (CVE-2015-2714)
- Fix for a buffer overflow in the XML parser (CVE-2015-2716)
- Fix for a potentially exploitable crash in DNS handling
A complete list of the fixes, changes and additions is available in the Release Notes. Some of the changes that may be of particular interest to users are as follows:
- Logjam fix: Refuse DHE keys with less than 1024 key bits
- Search plugin updates to re-enable Google suggestions and reduce tracking (Squarefractal)
- Added a preference for always preferring a certain dictionary language.
To use this, create a new preference spellchecker.dictionary.override (string) and set it to your language code.
- Updated SQLite to version 126.96.36.199
- Changed the after-upgrade page loaded to the release notes instead of the home page (and hoping people actually do take a moment to read them, preventing unnecessary support requests).
- Reorganized the AppMenu (give equal ease for windowed and tabbed browsing, deprioritize Sync)
Minimum system Requirements (Windows):
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Server 2008 or later
- A processor with SSE2 support
- 256 MB of free RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
- At least 150 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
- PM4XP (Pale Moon for XP): A rebuild by Matt Tobin: http://binaryoutcast.com/software/projects/pm4xp/
- Linux version: Available from http://www.palemoon.org/contributed-builds.shtml
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...