Critical vulnerability (CVE-2015-0313) exists in Adobe Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.1686 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh and Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1244 and earlier 13.x versions.
Released today for those who have enabled auto-update for the Flash Player desktop runtime is version 126.96.36.1995. The manual download is expected to be available tomorrow, February 5. In addition, Adobe is working to make the update available in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 10 and 11.
The update settings for Flash Player versions 10.3 and above can found in the Advanced tab of the Flash Player Settings Manager. The locations are as follows:
- Windows: click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Flash Player
- Macintosh: System Preferences (under Other) click Flash Player
- Linux Gnome: System > Preferences > Adobe Flash Player
- Linux KDE: System Settings > Adobe Flash Player
Release date: February 2, 2015
Last updated: February 4, 2015
Vulnerability identifier: APSB15-02
CVE number: CVE-2015-0313
If you do not use the auto-update mechanism, the direct download links should be available some time either tomorrow or the next day.
- Non-IE Plugin (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_plugin.exe
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer, Windows 7 and earlier: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_active_x.exe
Internet Explorer, Windows 8 and above: Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from Microsoft Security Advisory: Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10: July 9, 2013.
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- Adobe AIR: http://get.adobe.com/air/
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck any optional downloads that you do not want. Any pre-checked option is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
- Users of the Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release should update to Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.529.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- AIR Download Center
- PSIRT Blog
- Security Bulletin: APSB15-02
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 16 AIR® 16