Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh and Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.525 and earlier versions for Linux.
Version 16 of Adobe AIR has been released.
These updates address vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. Details of the vulnerabilities are included in the below-referenced Security Bulletin.
Release date: January 13, 2015
Vulnerability identifier: APSB15-01
CVE number: CVE-2015-0301, CVE-2015-0302, CVE-2015-0303, CVE-2015-0304, CVE-2015-0305, CVE-2015-0306, CVE-2015-0307, CVE-2015-0308, CVE-2015-0309
- Users of the Adobe Flash Player desktop runtime for Windows and Macintosh should update to Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.2067.
- Users of the Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release should update to Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.110.
- Users of Adobe Flash Player for Linux should update to Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.1689.
- Adobe Flash Player installed with Google Chrome, as well as Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x, will automatically update to the current version.
- Adobe AIR version 16 has been released. The latest version is 22.214.171.1242.
Flash Player Update InstructionsWarning: Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, that link includes a pre-checked option to install unnecessary extras, such as McAfee Scan Plus or Google Drive. If you use the download center, uncheck any unnecessary extras.
It is recommended that you either use the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, or my preference, the direct download links.
- Non-IE Plugin (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_plugin.exe
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer, Windows 7 and earlier: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_16_active_x.exe
Internet Explorer, Windows 8 and above: Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from Microsoft Security Advisory: Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10: July 9, 2013.
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- Adobe AIR: http://get.adobe.com/air/
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck any optional downloads that you do not want. Any pre-checked option is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
- Users of the Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release should update to Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.1999.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- AIR Download Center
- Security Bulletin: APSB15-01
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 16 AIR® 16