This is a major update which includes a rendering engine overhaul as well as a number of very important fixes, particularly relating to improving privacy and security.
- Allow animated personas (lightweight themes)! You will need to set a preference for this.
regularly occurring browser crashes with hardware acceleration enabled
on DirectWrite 6.2/6.3 (Win 7 with Platform Update, Windows 8/8.1).
- Fix font rendering issues on DirectWrite 6.2/6.3, especially on legacy AMD hardware. (KB2670838 issues).
- Fix Windows version detection issues on Windows 8.1.
- Shuffle reported plugin installation order to confuse trackers.
- Clean up jumplist icons so they no longer pile up on disk on some systems (also a privacy concern).
- Change the sync server to a (new) Pale Moon sync server.
- Update the status bar code: Full-screen HTML5 video will no longer have status pop-ups overlaid.
- Add code to selectively ignore "autocomplete=off" on signon input fields.
- Linux: reduce gstreamer CPU overhead.
- Fix styled HTML buttons to address misaligned button contents (wrong baseline), e.g. gmail account chooser.
- Fix an old IonMonkey bug resulting in incorrect math results in some cases.
- Improve the performance of editor initialization.
- Update the Pale Moon icon for better display on lower color depths.
- Media: use a simpler way to discard superfluous audio packets.
- bug #994907 - imgDecoderObserver does reference counting on different threads, so should be using thread safe reference counting.
- bug #992274 - Tweak an edge case in line number handling.
- bug #995603 - Ensure mouse-enter/exit events are sent to plugins as appropriate.
- bug #1005552 - Stop binding marquee event handlers + misc related fixes.
- bug #1000185 - Fix several issues with SMIL.
- bug #978811 - Fix isFakeExitFrame to return true for entry frames.
- bug #996715 - IonMonkey: Remove the code that bails when determining if the second instruction in a chunk is a branch.
- bug #967354 - Fix incorrect usage of UpdateWebGLErrorAndClearGLError();
UpdateTo get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window, then pick "About Pale Moon."
Pale Moon has both 32- and 64-bit versions for Windows, a portable version and a Linux version available from the Download tab from the Pale Moon home page.