Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 has been released with unreleased fixes that include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
The Service Pack additionally includes all the public updates that were released through May 2013 as well as all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2013. Also included are updates for Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Visio 2010, and Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010.
Office 2010 SP2 ImprovementsFrom Microsoft KB Article 2687455, following is an overview of the improvements in SP2:
Excel 2010 SP2
- Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons (;) to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.
Outlook 2010 SP2
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.
PowerPoint 2010 SP2
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.
Word 2010 SP2
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.
UpdateIt is recommended that you close all programs when installing the update. It is also best to use a wired connection rather than wi-fi when downloading a service pack.
If you don't have automatic updates, you can download the Service Pack from the Microsoft Download Center.
- 32-Bit Version: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39667
- 64-Bit Version: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39647