With today's Windows Update, Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 and Windows RT is also updated
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Android. These updates address critical vulnerabilities.
Update InformationThe newest versions are as follows:
Android 4x: 18.104.22.168
Android 3x and 2x: 22.214.171.124
Adobe AIR for Windows: 126.96.36.1990
Adobe AIR for Macintosh: 188.8.131.520
Release date: June 11, 2013
Vulnerability identifier: APSB13-16
CVE number: CVE-2013-3343
Platform: All Platforms
Flash Player Update InstructionsWarning: Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, that link includes a pre-checked option to install Google Drive.
It is recommended that you either use the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, or my preference, the direct download links.
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
- Windows XP, Vista and 7:
Flash Player For Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
Flash Player for Internet Explorer 10: Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from the Download Center at Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 Release Preview (KB2758994).
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck any optional downloads that you do not want. Any pre-checked option is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
- AIR Download Center
- PSIRT Blog: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player (APSB13-16)
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 11.7 AIR® 3.7