Microsoft released nine (9) bulletins. Two bulletins are identified as Critical with seven bulletins rated Important.
The critical bulletins address 20 vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer. The bulletins rated Important address issues in Microsoft Windows, Office, Antimalware Software*, and Server Software.
Users of Windows XP are reminded that support ends for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. See Tim Rains article, The Countdown Begins: Support for Windows XP Ends on April 8, 2014.
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS13-028||Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer||2817183|
|MS13-029||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2828223|
|MS13-030||Vulnerability in Microsoft Office||2827663|
|MS13-031||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2813170|
|MS13-032||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2830914|
|MS13-033||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2820917|
|MS13-034||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2823482|
|MS13-035||Vulnerability in Microsoft Office||2821818|
|MS13-036||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2829996|
*It is important to note that MS13-034 only applies to Windows Defender for Windows 8 and Windows RT. No other security products are affected.
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: Out with the old, in with the April 2013 security updates
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2013
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for April 2013