With today's Windows Update, Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 and Windows RT is being updated to enable Flash content to run by default. On Windows 8, all Flash content continues to be enabled for IE on the desktop. Additional information is available in the IE Blog post,
Adobe Flash Player was updated today. The scheduled release includes new features, security fixes and bug fixes.
The newest versions are as follows:
Windows and Macintosh: 11.7.700.169
Adobe AIR 3.7
Release date: April 9, 2013
Vulnerability identifier: APSB13-11
Platform: All Platforms
Flash Player Update InstructionsFlash Player for Windows, Macintosh and Linux
Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, direct download links are available.
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
- Windows XP, Vista and 7:
Flash Player For Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
Flash Player for Internet Explorer 10: Microsoft updated Security Advisory 2755801. If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, the Flash Player update can be downloaded from the Download Center at Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 Release Preview (KB2758994).
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck any optional downloads that you do not want. Any pre-checked option is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
Adobe Shockwave Player
This update addresses vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker, who successfully exploits these vulnerabilities, to run malicious code on the affected system.
Although I have yet to need Shockwave Player on this computer, there are still many people who use it. If you have Shockwave Player installed, please update to the latest version.
Release date: April 9, 2013
Vulnerability identifier: APSB13-12
CVE number: CVE-2013-1383, CVE-2013-1384, CVE-2013-1385, CVE-2013-1386
Platform: Windows and Macintosh
The newest version 184.108.40.206 is available here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/. As usual, watch for any pre-checked add-ons not needed for the update.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player (Note: At the time of this posting the link to the bulletin is not resolving correctly.)
- AIR Download Center
- PSIRT Blog: Adobe Security Bulletins Posted
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 11.7 AIR® 3.7