Microsoft released six (6) bulletins addressing 19 vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows Shell, Windows Kernel, Internet Explorer, Internet Information Services (IIS), .NET Framework, and Excel.
Three bulletins are identified as Critical, one as Important and one as Moderate.
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS12-071||Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer||2761451|
|MS12-072||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2727528|
|MS12-073||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2733829|
|MS12-074||Vulnerabilities in Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows .NET Framework||2745030*|
|MS12-075||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2761226|
|MS12-076||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office||2720184|
*In the event you have had problems in the past with .NET Framework updates, it is suggested that you install MS12-074 (KB2745030) separately, including a shutdown/restart.
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: November Security Bulletin Release
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November 2012
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for November 2012
- Security Research and Defense: Assessing risk for the November 2012 security updates
- Security Research and Defense: MS12-074: Addressing a vulnerability in WPAD’s PAC file handling