Microsoft released seven (7) bulletins addressing 20 issues in Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, and Office including SharePoint, Lync, Microsoft Works and InfoPath. One bulletin is identified as Critical with the remaining six bulletins rated Important.
As indicated in the Advance Notice, the issues in FAST Search Server are addressed in the MS12-067, Security Advisory 2737111.
Also released today are the following Security Advisories:
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2661254): Update For Minimum Certificate Key Length
- Microsoft Security Advisory: Compatibility issues affecting signed Microsoft binaries
Users of Microsoft Works are advised that this product reaches the end of its support lifecycle this week.
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: Welcome to the 1024-bit world and the October security updates
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2012
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for October 2012