Only a week has passed since the last Adobe Flash Player security update and another has been released.
Adobe Flash Player was updated to address security vulnerabilities. These updates address a vulnerability that could cause the application to crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Update InformationThe newest version for Windows and Macintosh is 11.4.402.265. For Linux, the newest version is 126.96.36.199.
Release date: August 21, 2012
Vulnerability identifier: APSB12-19
Priority: Critical for Windows, Important for Macintosh.
CVE number: CVE-2012-4163, CVE-2012-4164, CVE-2012-4165, CVE-2012-4166, CVE-2012-4167, CVE-2012-4168
Platform: All Platforms
Flash Player Update Instructions
Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris
Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, direct download links are available.
- Flash Player For Internet Explorer: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox, Etc.): http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
- Flash Player Uninstaller: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
- Users of Adobe AIR 188.8.131.5270 for Windows and Macintosh should update to Adobe AIR 184.108.40.2060.
- Beginning with Adobe Flash Version 11.3, the universal 32-bit installer will include the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player.
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck the optional McAfee Security Plus box. It is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
- The separate 32-bit and 64-bit uninstallers have been replaced with a single uninstaller.
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security update available for Adobe Flash Player
- Release Notes: Flash Player® 11.4 AIR® 3.4